Fjernsol II estimates the performance of a solar collector field which delivers heat to a district heating system.
- The district heating system is defined by the forward and return temperatures on monthly basis.
- It is assumed that the district heating system always can use the heat delivered from the solar collector field.
- The solar collectors are facing south – with an inclination of 30°. The collector row distance can be varied.
- The solar collector field is defined by size and efficiency parameters, available from e.g. Solar Keymark data sheets.
- The location of the system is Denmark – Danish weather data are used.
Click here to download the solar thermal calculation tool Fjernsol II.