Biogas and Power to X
Biogas plants, large common plants as well as the smaller plants for single farms, have many positive environmental effects, including reduced nitrogen leaching and fewer odors. Moreover, it is often economically beneficial to set up a biogas plant.
The biogas is sold to cogeneration plants, industrial companies, and the natural gas grid (when upgraded), consumed locally in a CHP-plant in order to produce electricity and heat, or converted to fuels in a Power to X process. Selling to transport systems or ferry services via the natural gas network is also an intriguing possibility, which is being developed. Biogas production from manure is socioeconomically the cheapest way to reduce CO2 emissions.
PlanEnergi offers consultancy through all phases in the planning of biogas plants:
- Master plans and basis documents for decisions in transition to renewable energy sources and conversion from individual heat supply
- Regulatory approvals – local plan, EIA, environmental and project approval
- Analyses of biomass potential
- Calculations of rentability
- Biogas planning for the total catchment area
- Organisation of actors, company establishment, contracts etc.
- Design of biogas plants
- Composition of applications
- Contracts with plant suppliers
- Assistance during commissioning
- Technical due diligence
Our specialists will provide you with the necessary consultation